well i just bought this fireface a few days ago
and i'm stuck with something :
the settings are wrong they are not the one i can see on the manual
the manual says that :
settings 1

and mine say that :

settings 2

so i cant' do nothing:  no phantom power , no nothing

i heard that it can be a problem with seven 64 and the problem can be solved reinstalling the whole system

i din't want to do that now

so can you help me?

thanks

my computer :
seven 64 ultimate
x6 1050
8gb ram jipraws
nuendo 4.3

Re: wrong settings fireface 400

I think you have an outdated (printed) manual. The driver has changed in the meantime. The current fireface 400 manual can be downloaded here: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fface400_e.pdf

For the phantom power please click on the Analog tab and activate the 48V checkboxes.

best regards
Knut

3 (edited by the spirit 2011-06-18 12:59:26)

thanks a thousand times for that

well i did what you suggested but i can't record anything 
and nothing goes in the nuendo track if i plug the mic directly on the 1st track on the left

i have to plug the mic through a preamp like mine : the art studio v3
is it wrong to do that ?
i mean for now the sound is good but if i bypass the art will i have a better sound  regarding the fact that the fireface preamps are really good ..

thanks again

and nothing goes in the nuendo track if i plug the mic directly on the 1st track on the left

If a signal is visible in the Fireface TotalMix channel Nuendo will get a signal to record. If you don't see a signal please check the correct connections.

If you just connect the output of your external preamp to a Fireface input don't activate the 48V of the Fireface preamp. Your condenser mic gets the phantom power from the art studio which sends out a line signal to the Fireface.

The use of an preamp depends on your needs. The Fireface preamps make no sound they capture the signal as it is. The valve preamp adds distortions to the signal and "prints" a sound to it.

best regards
Knut

well
you've been very helpful

now everything is working fine

i didn't find the same help on other forums
thanks again a thousand times