Topic: UFX Sound issues...

Hi,

I recently bought some used active monitors for my UFX interface and I am having troubles getting any real sound from them. I have them hooked up from balanced outs into the balanced inputs on the interface which is channel 1/2. I have tried everything and the only sound I am getting is from the tweeters and the sound is kind of muffled. I hope it's not my speakers that are messed up. Hopefully someone can help me thanks.

Re: UFX Sound issues...

You connected the speakers to the inputs of the UFX?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by RMEuser123 2011-06-22 00:04:10)

I connected the monitors to the 2 balanced outputs on the soundcard. Everything should be fine but the sound is not coming out right.

4 (edited by 19 frets 2011-06-22 12:39:08)

Have you tried two different outputs on the UFX in order to try to further isolate the problem?  Of course this would require a different set of cables.  With TMFX you can route the signal output to any output pair.

You should also try another audio source and connect that to your speakers to try to isolate the problem to either the speakers or the UFX.

RMEuser123 wrote:

I connected the monitors to the 2 balanced outputs on the soundcard.

Which ones exactly are you referring to? All the card's outputs are balanced (except Phones).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The XLR ones, obviously...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME