Topic: How to get 96k from Final Cut Pro into Fireface 800

When I use Final Cut Pro 7 with 96k audio, I can't seem to get it to output through my Fireface 800 correctly - I can only get it output as 48k - any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: How to get 96k from Final Cut Pro into Fireface 800

With what driver version? And how is the FF clocked?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The whole description is very unclear. Which outputs are you using? Where do you see the unit is playing 48k?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It is Mac OS X driver Version 2.62a. I have a MacBook 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB RAM running OS 10.6.7

I use the FF in conjunction with an Apogee PSX-100, with the Apogee as master clock and on a loop between the FF coax i/o numbers 9/10

The Apogee's main analog outs are my main monitoring output

I see that the FF is sending out 48k because the Apogee will not lock at 96k, only at 48k

Hope that's clearer now!?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Guy

Please test the FF without the Apogee connected first. Then try the FF as clock master.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I feel a bit sheepish now! - I did as you said and have now found a setting in FCP that allows me to set it to output 96kHz properly under 'Audio/Video Settings'/options. So that clears that up...

However a question answered always leads to a questions asked wink - in my FCP project there are also 48k audio tracks and now, with the output settings at 96kHz, when they are unmuted I hear a continuous beeping sound - I assume that is a warning to let me know that the audio is not at 96kHz, but I wondered if that is something that the FF is producing or if it comes from FCP? Also, I am unable to access all the outputs of the FF from FCP even though it seems to see all the outputs in the options menu I mentioned. I appreciate that this is probably a question for Apple Tech but I wondered if you might be able to throw any light on that?

Thanks for your help!

7 (edited by slickslack 2011-06-23 19:47:13)

That beeping sound is FCP telling you that audio needs to be rendered. You'll see a red line at the top of the timeline window. It needs rendering because you have mismatched sample rates. You can turn off the beeping but it won't play unrendered audio.
I am one of the moderators on the LAFCPUG (lafcpug.org) so if you have any FCP related questions, sign up and post them there. Most FCP questions will be problems with settings in FCP. For the most part your RME device is "set it and forget it".

Hey Goo
Get the hell out of my record collection!
King Cobb Steelie? Wolfgang Press? Throwing Muses? UVS? That home page of yours reads like a list of a good chunk of my record collection.
WTF!
Nice work.
Andrew
Toronto

smile - I miss Toronto!

Thanks for the help - maybe I'll see you in LAFCPUG...

G