Topic: Mac Splitter software for UFX DURec files

Hello,

we have a first version of the splitter tool ready for early preview. The Splitter is needed to split the multichannel interleaved files that the UFX writes on USB sticks and USB drives into single or dual channel files. While there are several ways to do this and had been mentioned here before, the RME Splitter also supports the multiple consecutive files that the UFX writes. So if your recording consists of a total of 10 files each 2 GB, Splitter turns them into one file per channel or stereo channel (selectable). This significantly improves the import process into your DAW, as you no longer have to adjust the file positions, which is quite cumbersome and tideous, especially with long-time recordings.

Some notes on this version:

- it's an early version which should work correctly, but lacks some 'comfort' and information features. For example there is no warning when the target disk is too small or full, no selection of which channels to export, no saving of whatever options, no helpful error messages if something doesn't work. All this will be added later.

- The files written (exported) are wav. When getting bigger than 2 GB they automatically change into RF64 format (same as in DIGICheck). Alternatively you can select CAF (Core Audio Format), which can be read by Logic (RF64 can not).

- Do not delete your source files! While we tested the tool and are pretty sure it works correctly, you should not delete the source files until you are 100% sure the export has worked perfectly.

Download:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/Ma … 110621.zip

Thanks for any feedback!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Mac Splitter software for UFX DURec files

will there be a PC version?

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

Obviously....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by cobiashimew 2011-06-22 14:25:07)

cool  DeadHorse, Just call me MOTO (master of the obvious)

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

Testing testing... :-)

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

I have just split a 7ch 3,69GB recording into 0.53GB files. The total time of the recording is 01:11:22
The 2gb split should be arround 38:30
Tracks 01-05 are ok but 06-07 have two loud clicks @ 38:28
As far as I remember these were the main outputs.
Once again I recomend to add some kind of channel naming integration with TMFX, when doing a lot of projects it's getting really messy.
Even if all channels had to be recorded to maintain the integrity of numbering I would do it just to avoid naming every 20-30ch after every recording...
Anyway it's nice to see this tool.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

I've listened to the whole 06-07 track and there are a lot of clips so it might be a coincidence, the 2gb split should be @38:34 and there is no artefact there.
I think that a "usb record outputs after dsp" option would be a nice addition to the UFX settings, I had the "output protection"  engaged in the dynamics section on the mains and there were no audible clicks during the session.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

Thanks for testing. If these clicks are overloads you can easily see that in the waveform, and be sure it is no error from the Splitter.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME