Topic: FF400 not working with new MacBook Pro

Hi,

I just upgraded from a G5 running 10.4.11 to a MacBook Pro (latest 15", quadcore i7) running 10.6.8.  I did the standard migration procedure and used the computer a few times without connecting to my FF400.  When I finally tried it out, the FF400 was no longer recognized.  That was easily solved by upgrading drivers to 2.93 and Firmware to 1.70.  However now that my FF400 is seen, and selected in preferences for In/Out, I don't get any output.  I can use my Mac to control the levels of L1/2 but don't get any output from the corresponding outs.  The corresponding lights don't appear to light when playing sound files on my Mac.  (I haven't tried inputs or launching Logic yet as it seems pointless if I can't get files on the finder to play.)

Anyone have ideas about what I'm overlooking, or a possible fix?

Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro8,2
  Processor Name:    Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:    2 GHz
  Number of Processors:    1
  Total Number of Cores:    4
  L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB
  L3 Cache:    6 MB
  Memory:    4 GB
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP81.0047.B0E
  SMC Version (system):    1.69f1
  Serial Number (system):    C2QFRCGXDF8V
  Hardware UUID:    7C248A9E-51FD-5314-B74D-8D16C71F0F75
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:    Enabled

Re: FF400 not working with new MacBook Pro

What exactly are the "corresponding lights"? You'll have trouble since you installed the Intel driver over top of the PPC driver. You should remove all RME files and try again. Trash the files listed at the link below, restart, empty trash, then install the latest driver again.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9233

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi, thanks, I'll give that a try.  (FWIW, "Corresponding lights" mean the Output 1 and 2 lights on the bottom right of the FF panel that respond to signal.)

So you play back MIDI files? Don't think so...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, that seems to have worked, thanks.

Re: midi files.... LOL.  Sorry, I remembered those LEDs flashing when output happened, but obviously not.  I thought I was confirming that there wasn't simply a problem with my speakers.  smile 

I've never used the midi functionality, and didn't notice that those lights were associated with midi function.