Topic: Control Preamp Gain and Master Channel w/Midi Controller? UFX

Hi There!

I'm seriously considering purchasing the Fireface UFX.  I have read through the manual and discovered that the behringer bcf2000 midi controller is compatible with the Totalmix FX software.  I couldn't seem to find the answer to my question in the manual.  So, here I am.

Is it possible to control the preamp Gain level with using the encoders (or some other knob) with the behringer bcf2000?
Is it possible to control the main out's (channels 1/2) using the behringer bcf2000?

I know many other parameters are controllable but I'd like to verify that preamp gain and main outs are.  These are the 2 controls I would use the most with a midi controller.

Thanks!

Re: Control Preamp Gain and Master Channel w/Midi Controller? UFX

Ok maybe I can make this a little less wordy:

Can the Totalmix FX preamp gain parameter be controlled via MIDI/Mackie Control?

Not yet.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well it sounds like there are potential plans in the future for this!  I know it's just a matter of workflow preference but I think I'll end up preferring to have a dedicated knob for each preamp gain vs using a mouse or the 1 single knob on the UFX.

Thanks!

I guess it would be easiest to add a MIDI learn functionality for all knobs and buttons that would override all the default mappings.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording