Topic: Issue to control Total Mix with NI Kore 2 Mackie control protocol

Hi Everyone,

I'm a pretty new user of the rme great ufx!

After many attempts in order to set-up, use and abuse of the NI kore 2 MIDI controller, through its "mackie control" template (I've read the ufx manual many times, tested different MIDI cables, read  many posts on the forum), I can't find what I did wrong.

I've recently switched from pc to mac, I can see the ufx and the kore in the MIDI configuration windows but i don't know what to do from here

I would really appreciate some help from you guys, :-)

Regards

Re: Issue to control Total Mix with NI Kore 2 Mackie control protocol

her some more details: i can see in the Total Mix a brown half line color in the name field of each channel, but nothing happens as I tried to control whatever parameter. i've scrolled through the pages of the mackie control template and still nothing happens.

What I did:

1. went to the MIDI configuration and tried to set it up
2. F3 and choose kore 2 Port 0 as MIDi input and output
3. Checked the "enable MIDI control in the Option menu
4. Just tried to follow the "mackie control" implementation chart in the native instruments controller  editor
5. I even tried to disable the feedback and work under MIDI control for basic control, and it didn't work ... I'm finally wrong tonight DeadHorse

Driver version? TM FX version? Downloaded latest UFX manual?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

I did those attempts under mac os 10.6.6, the rme 1.59 driver version, TM FX version 0.942, which are the latest versions. I've first tried with the previous driver and TM FX versions, without success.

I've read the last ufx manual too

Bests

PS: I can't "connect" Kore 2 controller to the RME MIDI port under the MIDI Setup Page: each time i try to link the in/out arrows from the two devices it doesn't work. As Kore is powered only through usb, is this necessary to link the devices in/out?

I am sorry, we do not have a NI Kore 2. You seem to have done everything correct, so I have no clue why it doesn't work. Maybe NI has an idea.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias,

You were totally right...fryingpan 

It finally works great  cool, after a new install and complete update of the Kore 2 HeadScratch

I added some elements in the controller editor from NI, like Arrow Up and Arrow down for the "move one row up and down" and it works. I'd like to find more of the Mackie Control elements implementation chart, but i'm yet quite relieved now.

Best regards

benjamin

8 (edited by Timur 2011-06-28 16:38:47)

Do you also experience the issue that the volume knobs turn on their respective fader's "link" function? Each time I touch and release a knob on the Kore (1 here) the TMFX fader turns yellow on and off. Guess I have to manually edit the template.