Topic: Extra input channels for RME UFX

Hi Everybody,

I recently bought the RME UFX and i already run out the inputs channels cause of my Acidlab Miami with 11 channels (bassdrum, snare, cowbell etc...) and i was thinking about buying extra Presonus Digimax FS for extra 8-channel inputs but is it also possible to buy a analog mixer like the Allen & Heath WZ16:2DX and connect through RME UFX midi-out through A&H WZ16:2DX midi-in for extra 16 channels?

And i also run out of inputs cause of other hardware like a groovebox who got left&right output and that alone already take out 2 inputs from my RME UFX or can i buy a 1/4 Y cable so it only take out 1 inputs from the RME UFX?

Thank you for helping out.

Best Regards,

Fee,

Re: Extra input channels for RME UFX

Connect audio channels via MIDI ?
How on earth is that possible ?

The right way is an ADAT lightpipe rack just like the Presonus Digimax FS that you mentioned.
Cheaper alternative : Behringer ADA-8000
More expensive one : RME ADI-8.

Hope that helps smile

Cheers from Dimitri.

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks! for the reply but for 8 extra i/o channels is the Presonus Digimax FS already enough? or do i need buy the Presonus Lightpipe to make it work? i saw a video on youtube about the Presonus Lightpipe to make it work you need a digital mixer but is too expensive but i also see a rack with 1xPresonus Lightpipe and 4xPresonus Digimax FS does it actually make 32+32(4x8) = 64 channels together?

Best Regards,

Fee,

UNKNOWN wrote:

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks! for the reply but for 8 extra i/o channels is the Presonus Digimax FS already enough? or do i need buy the Presonus Lightpipe to make it work? i saw a video on youtube about the Presonus Lightpipe to make it work you need a digital mixer but is too expensive but i also see a rack with 1xPresonus Lightpipe and 4xPresonus Digimax FS does it actually make 32+32(4x8) = 64 channels together?

Best Regards,

Fee,

Getting very confusing now. What input channels are you currently using? (ie. analogue, Adat, Spdif) What is connected to them and what exactly are you trying to add?

Isaac P

Hi,

Spectralis2 is using balanced line level input 1&2
Vermona Perfourmer is using balanced line level input 3&4
Vermona DRM1 MKIII is using balanced line level input 5&6
Boss Re-20 is using balanced line level input 7&8

I want to add the Acidlab Miami (TR-808 clone) who got 11 outputs...but how can i add that 11 outputs into my UFX?
is connecting a Presonus Digimax FS through ADAT the only option for extra analog 8-channel?
cause i want bassdrum, snare, cymbal, handclap etc. have their own channel in the Totalmix FX

Sorry im kinda new with the audio interface stuff before i was just using analog mixer...please help me.
Btw German gear for the win tongue

Best Regards,

Fee,

I want to add the Acidlab Miami (TR-808 clone) who got 11 outputs...but how can i add that 11 outputs into my UFX?

You can add 2 x 8 channels to the UFX by connecting two 8 ADAT AD/DA converters. This will give you 16 additional inputs and outputs if you work with a clock up to 48 kHz. With 96 kHz the channel amount is reduced to 8 additional channels (see RME UFX product page). You can choose any ADAT converter or another Fireface in stand-alone mode - connected to the UFX.

best regards
Knut

I am using the A&H 16:2 for it's 16 mic preamps into two UFX-one as a master and one as a stand alone converter.  Very happpy.