Topic: Need help on connections (phones/super dac/speaker)

I am technically dumb, may be anyone can help?

Currently, I connect the hdsp digiface spdif out coax to a m-audio super dac, which is connected via 2 xlr with my 2 yamaha hs-50. I use the hdsp phones out with headphones.

Is it possible to connect the hdsp phones out via jack with the 2 yamaha hs-50, and the super dac via 2 jacks or 2 xlr with a headphone? I don't know much about impedance/+4dbu/-10dbv/balanced/unbalanced etc... Sorry

Re: Need help on connections (phones/super dac/speaker)

TabSel wrote:

Currently, I connect the hdsp digiface spdif out coax to a m-audio super dac, which is connected via 2 xlr with my 2 yamaha hs-50. I use the hdsp phones out with headphones.

This is a correct configuration.

Is it possible to connect the hdsp phones out via jack with the 2 yamaha hs-50,

Sure, with a splitter adapter.

and the super dac via 2 jacks or 2 xlr with a headphone?

I don't understand.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Need help on connections (phones/super dac/speaker)

Thanks Jeff. What is the difference when connecting the hs-50 with the hdsp df phones out via an unbalanced jack y splitter cable instead of connecting the hs-50 with the superdac balanced xlr outs?

The superdac has 2 xlr mono outs and 2 mono jacks and I want to connect my headphones to it.

Problem is: I want to use asio direct monitoring. My Cubase main out is the hdsp df spdif. now, when the hs-50 are connected to the superdac (which is connected with the df spdif out), I hear the adm signal at my hs-50 always. But I need it in my phones, with the hs-50 silent (recording in the same room)

I can't set hdsp main monitors to phones, hdsp phone1 to spdif and activate hdsp phone1, because when dimming the spdif (hs-50 silent), I don't hear anything in my phones... (I can't switch off the hs-50 always when monitoring)