Topic: Downloading latest firmware

Hi everybody,

I just purchased the Fireface 800 and I see on the web site that new drivers are available, requiring an update of the firmware.

What are the benefits of this update, and how to proceed?

i seem to remember flashing an eprom might sometimes be a risky business...

I'd like to have your views on the subject.

Many thanks

Re: Downloading latest firmware

If your FF800 is performing well on your system, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" is a good policy :-)   If you need compatibility with a newer operating system (was your FF issued before Windows 7?) or you want new features (download the latest driver package and look at the readme file) I suggest you update.   Later versions require the new firmware.  If you can follow simple instructions, you have nothing to fear.

I sometimes wonder if most of the people who report disaster from firmware updates have done something silly  like pulling the power half-way through the process, just to see what happens :-)

It's quite simple to flash new firmware, but if you just bought the FF800 it almost certainly has v2.77 installed already. Besides, there is a backup firmware inside, so even if it fails, you can just flash again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by zigor 2011-07-06 10:14:58)

Thanks to all for your input.Good to read updating the firmware is an easy and safe operation, but I'll keep that on ice while discovering all the features of the FF800 . I bought the unit from Music Store in Köln 2 weeks ago and I expect it has the latest firmware, it works fine with W7...By the way, is there any easy and quick way to check the version nr?