Topic: FHDSP 9632 - Firmware update wont run

Hi, pulled my old 9636 out of the cupboard, I haven't used it for a couple of years. Windows Server 2008 detects but cant find driver. Downloaded the latest driver (hdsp_wdm_324) and firmware update (hdsp_wdm_fut) from rme website. When i double click the hdsp_wdm_fut.exe nothing happens in windows  XP SP3 (32bit) or Server 2008 R2 (64 BIT) !

I forced the driver in and it doesnt work (no blue screen or anything). In XP when i point windows at the driver ( as the way of installing drivers ) it says something like "This file doenst contain any information about your hardware". I even tried the old drivers i used to use and windows xp wont detect load the .inf to let me choose my model.

Any help appreciated really loved this card and finally have the time to use it again

Cheers

Re: FHDSP 9632 - Firmware update wont run

Please look at the card and tell us what name is printed on the PCB. You called it 9632 and 9636, and those are very different models.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi, i removed the card and got the following info of it

RME HAMMERFALL DSP 9632

Bar Code 22284801

XILINX SPARTAN
XC2S150
P0208AMS0305
D2126842A

Thanks

OK, then you have the right files, thanks. The driver must be installed before you can run the FUT, please follow the instructions in the manual and the driver will be installed correctly. Make sure you are starting the Update Driver wizard for the right device!

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi after following the install guide i pointed server 2008 r2  at the 324 driver (hdsp 9632) reboot then try and run the firmware update (hdsp_wdm_fut.exe) nothing happens? no dialog pops up. In Device manager the 9632 card was there in Sound, Video and Game controllers but it had a yellow mark on it ( not working ).
I Re-installed the driver then rebooted and now it has disappeared from device manager, I have the mixer and DSP setting running in the tray but nothing happens when i click them either.

CHeers

Help, have spent hours and hours on this now after work. Followed the install section from the manual for the 9632, every word, have watched and followed the video, have tried to get driver

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class = MEDIA
ClassGUID = {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider = RME
DriverVer = 05/09/2011,3.2.4.0
CatalogFile = hdsp.cat

installed manually via add legacy hardware and blue-screened computer (safe mode remove driver to get back into windows)

Help, must be something i can do to get a 64bit driver in , whether i get to update firmware or not,  just want to see if I can record some guitar.

Cheers

austuff wrote:

In Device manager the 9632 card was there in Sound, Video and Game controllers but it had a yellow mark on it ( not working ).

As long as that is there, the fut won't run.

Please try the card in another PCI slot.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME