Topic: Fireface UC Split Stereo outputs

Hello,

I need to get 6 mono outputs from my Fireface UC, and I never found how to split the stereo outputs into mono as for inputs.
The only solution i found is to pan hard left and right in my DAW, but it can become a bit tricky in some situations.
Is there a simpler way to get mono outputs?

Thanks

Re: Fireface UC Split Stereo outputs

Only 7/8 is a stereo output, all others are mono. Splitter cables to separate stereo into two mono are available at music stores.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well, what I mean is that it's not possible in TotalMix to split the hardware outputs (eg AN3/4 into AN3 and AN4).
So if I want to route the Hardware Input 3 into the hardware output 3 only, the only solution I found is to pan hard left, otherwise it will be played either in outputs 3 and 4.
And if I want to route hardware input 3 into outputs 3 and 4 at different levels, I can't because the outputs 3 and 4 work as a stereo output couple (2 physical outputs but only one channel). So again I have to work on the pan of input 3 to reach the balance I want, which is not a very accurate way to proceed.

For example how can I route a signal from channel 3 of the DAW at 6 different levels into 6 mono outputs (used as mono returns or mono phones)?

So my question was : is there a way to split the stero output into 2 monos channels in TotalMix with the same "Stereo" button that you find on the inputs settings?

McLeon wrote:

For example how can I route a signal from channel 3 of the DAW at 6 different levels into 6 mono outputs (used as mono returns or mono phones)?

It can't be more easy as with TotalMix - just use the Matrix. This is a prime example of why it exists.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME