Topic: Pro Tools 9 ADAT Connection Problems.

Hey guys, I have just recently received my FF800 a couple months ago. Swapping out my old interface (003). I downloaded all the recent drivers and what not (Mac). However, I can not figure out how to get sound to appear or read in Pro Tools. It reads perfectly fine in the FFMixer. I just cant get Pro Tools to read it. just wondering if anyone has experience with Pro Tools 9 and ADATs (2 Diximax FX's). I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Re: Pro Tools 9 ADAT Connection Problems.

Please be more specific. Can you select the ADAT channels as recording source? Will recording work with other software?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I was able to make the inputs for the ADATs in Pro Tools. They are selectable in Pro Tools. However, I still get no signal running to them. Pro Tools is my only Software I use. It worked perfectly fine with my 003. I switched to RME so I could take advantage of the 2 ADAT connections. RME has a far better clock, pre's, and the firewire 800 is awesome. But my main reason for switching was to allow me to have more channels to record with. Its just frustrating not being able to take advantage of the interfaces full potential.

I could send you screen shots of how everything is configured in the I/Os. If you wanted.

I figured out the problem. Thought I would post what I did just incase anyone else runs into this problem. I went in and Set up a ton of tracks and record enabling them all. connecting one mic on Channel 1 of my ADAT Interface (Digimax) I found out my Channel 1 ADAT is reading as my Channel 3 ADAT in Pro Tools. So I went in the I/O prefferences and changed the names of the inputs and deleted the first and second ADAT connections creating a new one for my channel 15-16 ADATs.