Topic: i get continuous FW errors when streaming media in internet browsers

Hi

I've only recently started noticing this phenomena on my FF800, and it wasn't happening before so i'm very confused by why it's happening. Basically when i watch a youtube video or anything mostly to do with Adobe Flash video or the like, my audio starts dropping out in intevalls of just a few milliseconds in random patterns that seem consistent with data errors to and from my card, but this doesn't happen with any other audio even in my browser of choice, Chrome, i can listen to mp3's using quicktime, and utilize players like Soundcloud and others without this occuring. And the windows audio is totally fine as well, games with all sort of audio engines, VLC, WMP, WINAMP and so on, including all DAW's and sequencers i use, all work just fine... just this streaming online audio in these situations seem to get me errors

It's not 1-2 of them either. by the end of a 4 minute youtube video it will have registered between 40-80 errors on the fireface settings window, i've tried maximising the buffersize to see if that makes any difference, it doesn't seem to

I'm running on an ASUS gaming motherboard (crosshair IV extreme) with what i think is a VIA manufactured IEEE 1394

Currently using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which has resulted in forcing me to use Legacy firewire to avoid BSOD's that resulted from turning my FF800 on, or as soon as i'd entered windows when it was on when booting up my computer.

driver version: 3.034 with hardware revision 2.77

is this problem simply some fluke and crash in compatability between adobe flash player and the drivers?, should i get a more trustworthy firewire connection by getting an PCI expansion card with Texas instrument IEEE 1394?. I'm not really sure what to do here

// Colin

Re: i get continuous FW errors when streaming media in internet browsers

Likely has something to do with your graphic-card driver. Run this and watch what happens when you display the video: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Re: i get continuous FW errors when streaming media in internet browsers

thx Timur, i'll use this to check when it occurs again as well. right now i'm just hovering gently between 80-150 in latency. i restarted my computer last night for the first time in about 48 hours or so.. and that made it go away.. so it's definately something to do with the decreasing reliability and speed of my system when i've had a bit of uptime.