Topic: What have I pressed?

I have an XLR mic with phantom power connected to mic/line 9 in my RME UFX. In total mix I can see that mic line 9/10 is producing a signal. I also have some headphones in phones 9/10 but I can't hear any sound from my mic. What have I pressed?

Thanks

Re: What have I pressed?

I also have some headphones in phones 9/10 but I can't hear any sound from my mic.

Click the output channel PH 9/10 (it gets brighter). Now raise the fader of your mic input 9 up to a value of your choice.

Keep in mind: every (!) output of TotalMix can have it's own submix!

In a classic mixer you raise the fader of input 9 and route the signal to main out and headphones. Both outputs get the same level. If you move the fader both levels change to the same value.

In TotalMix every input and every playback channel can send a different level to every output. Example: Main out -6 dB, Speaker B 0 dB, Phones -10 dB.

This means a unique flexibility. No other mixer on earth can do this! But if you don't send a level to a special output (phones) no signal comes through. Like in your setup.

Please watch this tutorial videos on the RME Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=splW9OtT … ideo_title

best regards
Knut