Topic: Will a HDSP(e) connect to another HDSP(e)?

Ok, so I'm just a newbie starting to learn about MADI and RME stuff, been a ProTooler for ages so only now with PT9 I'm actually getting more interested in other interfaces. So, I apologize in advance if the question sounds stupid. smile
Question: is it possible to connect a HDSP(e) in one computer to another HDSP(e) on another computer? I mean, it is possible to connect an interface to digital I/O on a Lexicon or Bricasti so there wouldn't be any AD-DA "loss", right? So, I had this crazy idea:

On my Mac Pro running ProTools with the HDSP(e), I'd send my vocal track through Output-A1, going into Input-B1 on my PC with another HDSP(e) running Reaper, which has an AMAZING reverb (just an example). So, I create a track in Reaper with the AMAZING reverb inserted, set it to Input-B1 and Output-B1, which goes back to my Mac into Input-A1. So, playback in ProTools > leaves the HDSP(e)-A > enters HDSP(e)-B > Reaper processes in realtime (no playback) > leaves HDSP(e)-B > enters HDSP(e)-A > monitor in ProTools. All digital.

Did I mention crazy? I guess I did. Anyway, if the connection I mentioned is too weird and there's a much smarter way of doing that, please will somebody share it with me?

Cheers!

Re: Will a HDSP(e) connect to another HDSP(e)?

It's no problem to do this, not only with RME but any sound cards. But maybe it's easier to run Reaper on the same computer, unless CPU is already maxed out. There will of course be an additive delay due to driver buffers and effects.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Will a HDSP(e) connect to another HDSP(e)?

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the info. So all I need is to connect the two directly to each other, right?
Yeah, the problem would be exactly that the CPU would be maxed out as the processor I'm looking for is Acustica's Nebula, and I thought of MADI for the high track count, although in standard PT9 I have only 32 I/O (upgradable though). Still, seems like I could have that with only 2 HDSP(e) and a couple cables... really nice.
Cheers