Topic: Need driver advice for OS Snow leopard upgrade

Hello all. I'm posting here as I am facing a task I find utterly daunting.
I'm aware from reading forums that RME don't have a good record for support response so am bringing my pretty basic question here.

I have a Macbook Pro and Fireface 400 with Logic Studio. I installed it all about 3 years ago. I updated the driver at the time and have not done any updates since as it worked fine (bar one issue. I have to turn on my Mac having opened the Fireface Mixer and Settings prior to switching it off previously otherwise Logic doesn't play back properly when I turn it on again. But that's another story!)

I need to upgrade to Snow Leopard so guess I need to look at my firmware and drivers.
I'm still on Leopard at the moment and it works.

How do I check what firmware and drivers I'm running?

Assuming I need to upgrade, are there any known working drivers/firmware that will work in Leopard and Snow Leopard so I can check all is well before an OS upgrade?

What is the best way to do this - firmware then driver or driver first?

Do I need to remove current drivers first or is it ok to just install new ones?

I thank you for answering these basic questions. I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of working so I rarely get myself involved in doing this kind of work. I guess that's why my stuff tends to continue to work! Some experienced wise guidance would really help me a great deal here, perhaps others too.

I am very concerned things will go wrong and I will be left with a non-working system and no support.

Many thanks in advance to you all.

C.

Re: Need driver advice for OS Snow leopard upgrade

How do I check what firmware and drivers I'm running?

Please watch the tutorial video: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php
best regards
Knut