Topic: HDSP 9632 / Lion?

Can anyone tell is HDSP 9632 PCI work on Lion?
It worked for me fine on SL...

Re: HDSP 9632 / Lion?

Im using a HDSP Multiface .. just installed Lion last night. now the Multiface doesn't work at all.. both the DSP Mixer + DSP Settings app now crash when you launch.. so card use is impossible. Anyone know when an update is due?
Thanks

Try reinstalling the driver, that helped in one case so far.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I installed Version 2.77 of the HDSP mixer / settings app. they now launch but the Multiface ERROR light is on. also, the mixer + settings app are different from the version i was using previosuly on OSX Snow Leopard. Maybe i installed the wrong version of the HDSP? My multiface is from 2004. so im not sure what the right version is.

Reinstalling V 1.73 (which i think i was using previosuly on Snow Leopard) does not work. The apps don't launch so no joy.

The Lion is out there.
Using the PCI card (9632) on Snow Leopard seems no problem, since we can boot in 32 bit mode.
Works great on Logic etc. etc.
Lions kernel is 64 bit only, you cannot boot into 32bit mode anymore, so the driver for our PCI card can not function under LION.
Is there any chance that there is going to be a 64bit driver for our PCI card owners?
If not please let us know i on the site! I feel a lot of owners a searching the internet for it and cannot find the right answer.
We need to keep our osx software up to date!
A 64 bit driver for the PCI version 9632 wil keep us on the road for the next couple of years.
Hope to hear from you developers.

Thanx and grtz!

Alex

There is no way to directly install PCI cards on current Macs, so no plans for future driver support, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

8 (edited by Noam_AA 2011-07-25 14:59:48)

Hey, though I myself CAN get the 9632 to work under lion (booting 32bit mode) and a PCI-to-PCIe card, i just want to ask
if you stopped the support on this card under osx, is there any chance on having source code? i'm no coder or something but i know there will be enough people to do the job you just don't/can't do (if you have apple restriction i can understand)
but will it be too much to ask? after all as a costumer i think this will be the best thing to do the keep this card alive at least couple more years for all the 9632 user that are very grateful for this product (BTW still no problem under Lion so there CAN be a real and new support for it)
please consider it i will be very happy to see some intention from you as i really love this company

9 (edited by starspread 2011-07-27 23:25:47)

Hi guys!

Well, i had to reinstall the Multiface-1 (HDSPe) driver on a MacBookPro (2.4GHz,17") after installing Lion (GM). It worked after i rebooted, but after replugging the card the "HDSPe Settings.app" didn't load properly, it only bounces up and down in the dock. So i fiddled a bit with the kexts and found out that the HDSPMADI.kext needs to get reloaded to get the "HDSPe Settings.app" load e.g. like this:

In the Terminal type the following after reinserting the HDSPe card: sudo killall "HDSPe Settings" && sudo killall "HDSPe Mixer" && sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/HDSPMADI.kext/ && sleep 1 && sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/HDSPMADI.kext/ && sleep 2 && sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod.plist && sleep 1 && sudo launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod.plist

After this it works again. If it gives an error the first time then just type sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/HDSPMADI.kext/, reinsert the card and try again. But you can alternatively reboot everytime you reinsert the card, LOL!

Just my 2 cents.
star

Does this mean, RME, that you're not going to release a driver update that will allow Multiface I owners to use their Multiface I hardware (PCI Card) with Mac OSX Lion?

You can run your MF I on a Mac Pro with the RME PCIe card, for which there will be a driver, of course...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

OK Excellent. i misunderstood your last post about it. Is there an expected delivery date for the updated driver? 1 week? 1 month? thanks.

Is there an expected release date for the updated Mac OS Driver that is compatible with 10.7 Lion?
thx

14 (edited by ximekon 2011-08-30 20:50:08)

RME Support wrote:

There is no way to directly install PCI cards on current Macs, so no plans for future driver support, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

daniel,

there are many ppl using external PCI expansion boxes, like the Magma cases, that are recommended by UAD. UAD is not really a no name company, if you know what I mean.

So if you decide to cease support for high end devices like you're still selling you don't really make friends with your customers in the long run. And that's not really marketing voodoo, I am telling here.

Customers get the impression you somehow take the chance to force them to buy new products b/c you artificially decide product life cycle has ended.

Although it has not, since it works flawless on Snow Leopard on Mac Pro's with PCI2PCIe adapters or PCIe to PCI expansion boxes and even on them (early adopter's?!) hybrid PCI/PCIe hackintoshes. And well yes it still runs on normal Win-PCs.

So estimate the situation. Your market in general is a small one and you are targeting the high end segment of that market - and your strongest USP is your outstanding reputation and your decision to produce in Germany.

I wonder if you are interested in long time customers who turn into dissatisfied customers, who recommend not to buy RME products b/c of your product life cycle policies.

And well yes: at the moment I am not amused by that statement.

All the best from Berlin, A.

You come years too late. Search this forum, it has all been said. PCI is not supported on current Macs, and RME users know that. Time to close this thread.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME