Topic: Keyboard shortcuts do not work

I have a Fireface UC and the latest version of totalmix (sw: 0.942, firmware: 115).

According to the documentation (in the babyface description of the new totalmix software) the Alt+number shortcut should load user presets (snapshots). This does not work for me.

Can anyone (RME?) enlighten me on this topic? Is there a workaround?

Feature request: Having keyboard shortcuts for control-room functions like talkback etc. would be a very useful, and I imagine simple, feature to add to totalmix.

I tested my fireface with BCF2000 and found that the talkback function (Play in the mackie control) did not work (at least it did not produce any reaction in the interface).

Tx, Rolf

Re: Keyboard shortcuts do not work

1. Mentioned before in this forum - not yet implemented.

2. No comment.

3. Definitely works. The lowest right key on the BCF.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Keyboard shortcuts do not work

Hi,

I am posting here as it is also on the subject of shortcuts.

I am blind, and use my computer with a screne reader. I have a fireface UFX, and total mix FX is completely inaccessible with the screne reader except for the file menu and small features. Thankfully, with a control surface I can do simple routing for monitor mixes etc from hardware, though it would still be nice to be able to do this without a midi control surface.

Making total mix FX and the other total mix software completely accessible would require a little more work, though it would be much appreciated and would make RME a popular choice with visually impaired engineers and audio enthusiasts (of which there are many). However that is for another discussion which I would be happy to have if the RME team would be interested.

What would be simple to implement would be keyboard shortcuts in the total mix software to access certain controls on the total mix software, such as enabling and disabling the 48V buttons on the pre-amp channels, the instrument high Z input etc. This would be very welcome, as at the moment I need assistance from another person if I want to change these settings. I'm sure adding a keyboard shortcut in a future software update would be extremely quick and easy, and it would make my experience with the product so much better.

In terms of making the rest of total mix FX and other total mix applications accessible, this might also be done quickly with some outside help,, and would be in line with a trend of manufacturers providing more and more accessibility, particularly in the light of new legislation in the United States for example which requires manufacturers to go to all reasonable lengths to provide accessibility for all users.

But I would be very happy in the short-term with some shortcuts to switch my phantom power on and off etc!!

I would be happy to chat about this in private via e-mail if prefered.

Kind regards,
Brian.