Topic: TotalMix FX and HDSP 9652?

Hey guys,
first of all I love the HDSP 9652, great card with really great features - but I think you know that... wink

My question is:
I have seen all those great features of TotalMix FX and I have been asking myself if it could be possible to run it on the HDSP 9652 or that you could add features of the TotalMix FX to the "normal" TotalMix?

Thanks for answering my question and keep up the great work and products!

Re: TotalMix FX and HDSP 9652?

Hi JackBauer,
None of the current HDSP cards have the DSP available to run something like Total Mix FX. I think they said at some point the HDSP cards may get the newer Total Mix view but of course no FX. But not sure on that.
If they were to do something with Total Mix FX it would have to be on a new product.
It would be nice if it were possible to add the record functions of Total Mix FX to the other units. It would be a replacement for the Record functions of Digicheck. It would also be nice if they could make Digicheck integrate with the Total Mix. Like being able to launch a particular meter view from the Input or playback channel directly in TM FX and have these all get saved as part of the TM FX workspace.
But again I have no idea if it's feasible at all. smile
Not sure if I see the point of making any smaller I/O PCI-e cards anymore. RME's Fire wire and USB devices make more sense for this.
If they are making new PCI-e devices I would think they just do larger I/O cards like a 128 or more MADI card.
We can dream though I guess. smile
Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg