Topic: set up mic pre and compressor

Hi. I'd like to know how to set up a Neve 1073 Dpa mic pre, DBX 166XL compressor with my Fireface 400. I think I'm not in the right way with it. I connect the mic to the Neve through mic imput, from Neve output to DBX input and finnaly from DBX output to RME line imput number 5. It's ok??

Thanks!

Re: set up mic pre and compressor

yes

Ok. Thank you kasaudio! I thought I should connect the compressor to the Fireface through the insert conection of the DBX.

Best regards!

+1 !!! :-) :-) :-)

@rickrecords: crank'em up!!!

Regards
Davide

You can also experiment with parallel compression if you want by "splitting" (also called a "mult") the Preamp's output to 2 outputs.  One "split" can feed the FF400 directly (dry w/o compression) and the other "split" will still feed the compressor input.  Then, the compressor's output can come into a different FF400 input.  Record to two seperate tracks and blend to taste "in the mix".

You can use this for true "Parallel Compression" effects (allows more compression w/o being flat and ugly), or just as a "Safety" in case the compression was not what you wanted on the specific track afterall...

I use this all the time! cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Thanks randyman! I'll check it out and keep you informed.

Best regards from Spain!