1 (edited by neirbod 2011-08-01 03:06:45)

Topic: How to select submixes with BCF2000

Hello,

Can anyone help me understand how to quickly select UFX submixes using the BCF2000?  I have read the manual for both the UFX and BCF2000, but I find it very confusing.  The only way I can find to select a submix is to use the BCF2000 encoders in the upper right of the unit to scroll down to the Output section, then page (using the BCF "preset" keys) over to the correct set of channels (since my outputs are on CH 1-8 and my inputs are on 9-16), selet the submix using the Mackie protocol for REC Channel, then re-page and re-scroll back to the appropiate inputs.

So,I have two specific questions: 1) is there a way to select the output channel directly while staying on the Input row? 2) is there a way to somehow deactivate input channels 1-8 so that when I scroll from Inputs to Outputs I don't also need to page back and forth?

Hope this all makes sense. This stuff is pretty confusing to me.  Thanks.

Re: How to select submixes with BCF2000

Hold down shift 1 (the button in Encoder Groups left up), then push one of the 8 buttons in the second row.

More details:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/BCF2000_Labels.jpg

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, but this only works when I have already scrolled down to the outputs row (i.e., the output channels are highlighted).  What I would like to do is stay in the Inputs row while swithcing from one submix to another.  I can do this by clicking on the appropriate output with my mouse, but I am hoping there is some way to do this with ehe BCF2000.

Cheers,

David

Hit F3...and the option is right in front of your eyes...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Perfect!  Thank you, Matthias.

May I ask that you (or someone else who knows the details of how to set up the BCF2000 with Total Mix) create a sticky thread with frequently asked questions?   It seems there is a lot of informaton available, but it is scattered in many different places and hard to find.

I have a BCF2000 and I would like to hook up a second one! Some time ago I asked for this feature (16ch Mackie Control), as far as I remember it was a planed update, any news on the subject? It would be great to have two separate control groups -> one for the engeneer, second for the musician for the monitor mix.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording