Topic: Rhythmic ticking / clicking with fireface

This is driving me crazy and im hoping someone has found a solution, as I've searched the forums...

No matter what sample rate, with all drivers and firmware up to date, everytime i monitor a track, there's a quiet ticking sound going on, and the worst part is it records to my tracks! It sounds like a clock issue?

Im running cubase 6 on windows 7, 32bit...

any help would be hugely appreciated

Re: Rhythmic ticking / clicking with fireface

Do you use any other devices connected to ADAT or SPDIF? Have you checked your PC for performance problems as with the link below?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

i unplugged my midi keyboard and the clicking went away! ahhh so relieved!!

still gonna check out the DPC latency checker....thankyou for the link and thanks for your help!

If I might add a little anecdote sort of related to this topic.... :-)

When I first got my Babyface, I was quite disheartened to hear ticks and clicks as I went through my music collection.
When it seemed to get bad, I replayed the song I was listening to a few times. Then I noticed that the ticks were happening in the same parts of the song. So, I hauled it into WaveLab to give the waveform the serious fisheye at the sample level. Sure enough, tiny spikes and flats in the wave.
lol
With great relief (and no small bit of astonishment), it turned out that the Babyface not causing the ticks - it was just of such higher audio quality than my old Motu that it was able to resolve ticks and clicks that I never even heard before.

I pass this along in case others encounter ticks the same way as me...and to suggest checking the source audio first.
wink
QuBe