Topic: Syncing two Multiface II - BNC Only?

I have two Multifaces connected to my PC with a PCIe card each. All works out fine, except for the sync. Do I have to use BNC connections or can it be achieved in another way? I tried with ADAT but i still get noise even it shows they are in sync. Latency is fine though and different buffer setting did not bring any improvement. Will try SPDIF now.

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
W10 Pro x64, Reaper, Wavelab
5x MF II, 5x MF
E-mus and many other animals

Re: Syncing two Multiface II - BNC Only?

wordclock(BNC) is solution
I had 2 multis before and plugging BNC and set 1 multi as master - sorted out all problems

Any digital connection can be used for sync. Word Clock, SPDIF or ADAT.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Cheers Jeff, works all fine with ADAT sync now. I was only confused about the channel numbers in Ableton not being the same anymore...

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
5x MF II, 5x MF

hmm, one more thing: as soon as i active all channels (1-8 & 15-22) on 96kHz (i get it with lower results too) i get digital crackles which won't go away with changing the buffer size. The first Multiface II shows Mode: Master, the other slave and the green light on the front next to ADAT is solid green. The Cards are conneted with ADAT cable on the IN to the OUT in one direction.

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
5x MF II, 5x MF

i have gotten a BNC cable by a friend. this seems to have solved the problems. with word clock things all channels run smoothly.

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
5x MF II, 5x MF