Topic: Listenback function clarification pls

The talkback function sends the talkback mic to the phones feed 9/10 and 11/12.

I see the mic assignment for Listenback in the prefs but where does it return and is it triggered with the Talkback switch or what?
How this function works is not yet clear to me and I haven't found documentation for it yet.

Two things that would be of use :

1) a Slate function using the Talkback mic to print slates to record tracks

2) the ability to assign Talkback to other outputs beyond the phones feeds.
(On location classical work can often needs a general PA address function.)

The long awaited Remote Control switch sure would be nice to see for Talkback etc. Any clue as to when we see it?

The UFX is a fabulous device and these things will make it that much better.

Re: Listenback function clarification pls

Manual page 68:

Listenback
Input. Selects the input channel of the Listenback signal (microphone in recording room). Default: None.
Dim. Amount of attenuation of the signals routed to the Main Out in dB.

Listenback is tied to the Talkback switch.

This system has not been developed for PA systems, but typical Studio Recording. Routings and temporary anouncements outside of Talkback can easily be set up in TM and controlled by the Mute buttons.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you.  I wasn't perfectly clear; this is not for PA use but for communication in location recording as in being able to address an ensemble that is not on headphones or an organist up in the loft.

the Listenback mic then feeds the main control room monitors when the Talkback button is keyed ?  That's what is not clear to me and I realize I am slow at times.

Thanks.

Perhaps this is the correct understanding of Listenback

assigning an input to Listenback keys that mic along with the assigned Talkback mic when the Talkback button in the control room section is selected.

The Listenback input is then fed to wherever it is routed in TotalMixFX, so it could go to the main monitors or any other assigned output.  The Listenback pref is merely choosing what input to give the keying function with the Talkback button.  It could conceivably be used for more than just Listenback with multiple destination assignments like any other input.  Ergo, a well positioned mic being used in the recording could do double duty as the Listenback mic.

is this a fair summation ?

It may be simpler to have a dedicated Listenback mic given the free inputs but it's still being sorted out.
Apologies for a brain that was trained in Analog hard wired studios and is slowly adapting to the soft assign world of digital.