Topic: Audio Engines...Different or not

I use a few different software applications for recording, namely Wavelab, Cubase, Protools, and Live. When recording with the same sample rate bit depth etc there seems to be an opinion by many that the resulting files sound different. I find Protools sounds better than Cubase and a lot better than Live. I would not bet serious money on this however as something tells me that as I'm using the same interface the resulting files are the same...so are they? Should I record using Digicheck and import? Is this a case of the GUI influencing the outcome or what?

Re: Audio Engines...Different or not

Files will be the same, the GUI does not influence the recorded signal. The subject is OT here, though. You could discuss it here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by rockville 2011-08-18 21:28:39)

Files will be the same is all I need to know, it was all this talk about different audio engines that got me thinking, but now that you have confirmed that's bs, so case closed ...thanks

If at all, audio engines may affect playback, but only when using EQ or other internal effects. Recording  should be completely unaltered.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks