Topic: Totalmix FX and Avid MC Mix Control

Hi There,

I have been trying for the past few hours to get my Avid MC Mix to control Totalmix FX.

Here is what I am running:

Intel Macbook dual core with OSX 10.6.8
Fireface UFX
Totalmix version 0.942 Mac OSX
UFX Firmware 351(USB 138(DSP) 340(FW)
Driver version 2.93

EuCon 2.6.0 Build 75358
MC Mix Protocol 1.0
Firmware 1.4.5

Here is what I have tried:

1. System Preferences - Eucon - added totalmix - Protocol "Mackie Control" - MIDI Ports "9-12" (tried others as well)
2. Totalmix - options - "Enable MIDI Control" & "Submix Linked to MIDI Control"
3. Totalmix - F3 settings - MIDI input "Euphonix MIDI Euphonix Port 9"
4. Totalmix - F3 settings - MIDI output "Euphonix MIDI Euphonix Port 9"
5. Totalmix - F3 setting - Mackie Control Options "Enable Protocol Support" & "Map Stereo to 2 Mono Channels" are selected and everything else is deselected (this was the default setting)

I do not have any response to indicate that the MC Mix is showing Totalmix FX settings or that total mix is receiving control from the controller.  I have been using the MC Mix successfully with Pro Tools 9 and Logic 9 for the past 8 months.

I have read through the UFX manual and didn't seem to see anything that directs me to do any different.

Any info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Totalmix FX and Avid MC Mix Control

You should contact Euphonix and ask for a version that recognizes TM FX. They know about this already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Totalmix FX and Avid MC Mix Control

Any more info on this?   I have posted on Avid's message boards, and am awaiting responses.  I'm about to email Avid support as well.
I've tried the exact same setup as mentioned above but on Lion, which was preinstalled on my new iMac, and there is no interaction between TotalMix 0.942 and Eucon 2.5.7.   Apparently,  2.5.7,  is the last revision that properly implements Mackie Control.
I've even tried it on a clean partition with absolutely no other settings tweaked and no other drivers or software installed.  Everything except TotalMix works fine with Eucon   I also see that my Frontier Tranzport interacts with TotalMix, albeit strangely.

Any help would be appreciated!