Topic: Audio Outs 2/3 are identical, and too quiet

Hi all,

Just got a fireface 800, and have found it's got the same problem as my Profire 2626. I tried to get an answer on the M-Audio forums, but no luck, so I thought I'd try here, see if anyone else has the same problem.

I've found the outputs from the software (any software, DAW, System, iTunes, whatever) are identical out 2 and 3, and are about 6dB quieter than they should be. So, if I send everything out 1/2 in Pro Tools (which is also the default for system sounds), then 2 is quiet, and the same signal is also coming out of 3, automatically. When I try to send out of 3/4, I get nothing on 3, only 4. Looking at totalmix, it also seems that output 1 is about 6dB too loud (a -20dB sine wave comes out 6dB too loud/too quiet on 1/2 respectively)/. The fact that this has occurred on both units says to me that it's likely a problem with the mac, but I thought I'd ask just in case before I try apple support, reformatting etc.

Macbook Pro 13inch, 2.26GHz, Late 2009
OSX 10.6.7
Latest Driver/Firmware with Fireface

Cheers, hope someone can help

Re: Audio Outs 2/3 are identical, and too quiet

Looking at totalmix, it also seems that output 1 is about 6dB too loud (a -20dB sine wave comes out 6dB too loud/too quiet on 1/2 respectively)/.

Where do you see this discrepancy, software playback (middle row) or hardware output (bottom row)?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Audio Outs 2/3 are identical, and too quiet

Playback, and thus hardware out as well, which suggests a software problem. It has worked absolutely fine before, for what it's worth