Topic: Red Light in Host Problem

Hey everyone.  I tried to find this post as an already existing one but to no avail.
So let me start another one. I'm the studio about to do another session and my RME Fireface *00
won't work. The a red light lights up on the Host. How do I resolve this?

Re: Red Light in Host Problem

Hello,

The HOST error LED indicates that the Fireface is not communicating with the driver. There are a few reasons why this might happen.

- driver not correctly installed on the computer
- FireWire problem on the computer
- bad/intermittent FireWire cable
- damage to the FF's FireWire chip

In order to help troubleshoot we'll need more details. Was the FF working with the computer previously? Do other FireWire devices work with the computer? Mac or PC? Which OS version? Do you use any FireWire hub or adapter? Do you use FW400 or FW800?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I was using it a few days ago (sunday) and there was a little power outage for about a second. The ff is hooked up to a Monster power surge protector. There was no problem for the rest of the session. Then on Wednesday I go to do a session and nothing...I just got the red light on host and the spdf light was blinking (I have my keyboard hooked up to the ff via spdf cable).

I bought a new firewire cable and the same thing. I bought the adaptor for the firewire cable to use in another port in the ff...samething.

I uninstalled the piece and tried to start from the beggining but the computer isn't recognizing the ff.

I'm getting fustrated.

Help! LoL.

Hi,
I had the same problem yesterday and was about to call RME support when I decided to double check the Fireface Settings and Total Mix software drivers.
If you're using a MAC, go to 'Applications' then right click on the Fireface Settings icon and 'Get Info'. At the bottom on the right of the new window check to see if the software is unlocked. In my case it was locked, so I unlocked it (this will require you to punch in your password). Repeat the same operation with the Total Mix icon. If you're lucky and my case wasn't a complete flook then, when you re-boot your RME unit the red light should go off when it syncs with the 'unlocked' drivers.
Hope this helps.
Ronan

I don't know what this "locked" business is, but Naziyr, you did not answer all the questions. Can you check to see if the unit is detected on a different computer? Otherwise, you can contact your local distributor to send the unit in for bench tests.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.