Topic: Fireface UC ADM Remoting

Hi at all,

I use my RME Fireface UC for a university radio station. We use a broadcast automation, which supports adm and full remoting. Now we´ve the problem, that the RME interface doesn´t understand the commands of the broadcast software fully. For example: We´ve different input channels, where our microphones are plugged in and all these channels belong to an ASIO RME channel. Now I can set, that on unmuting these inputs hardware monitoring starts to a RME output channel, so that I can rebuild a perfect studio situation without having a mixer.

The problem is, that a few RME channels can´t be remoted, because RME switches on the wrong channel, for example. Now my question is, if it is possible to say me, which values RME need so that I can give this to the programmer of the broadcast software?
Til now this software sends values in the following pattern to the interface:
struct ASIOInputMonitor
{
long input;
long output;
long gain;
ASIOBool state;
long pan;
};

One example, when the first input channel ADM is routed to the first output channel, looks like this:
input = 0
output = 0
gain = 0x20000000
state = True
pan = 0x20000000

Are these values correct? Please have a look at! Thanks! If you want to, I can give you direct contact to the programmer.

Re: Fireface UC ADM Remoting

Can you list the values from a channel that does not work correctly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am trying to set ADM for the first ASIO Input channel (input = 0) and
'route' this to the first ASIO output channel (output = 0).
'Pan' should be centered and 'Gain' should be at 0dB (not applied).
As such the following values are used in the ASIOInputMonitor struct:
input = 0
output = 0
gain = 0x20000000
state = 1
pan = 0x40000000

Using the above values will actually fail and no ADM is set for the resp.
input channel pair. TotalMix also doesn´t show any changes!

However calling the same for another input channel (e.g. input = 2) will
actually work fine:
input = 2
output = 0
gain = 0x20000000
state = 1
pan = 0x40000000

It is just failing for the first ASIO input channel (input = 0), for all
other input channel pairs (input = 2,4,6...) it is working.
Why is this?

What is also unclear is the value range for the 'pan' parameter:
Pan = 0 : all left
Pan = 0x7fffffff : right
So what is the value for 'centered'? Is it 0x40000000 ?

THX

ADM has orginally been based on a mono in - stereo out scheme. To route channel 1 in to channel 1 out use your values but set pan to hard left (if you can do so - I don't know any software where you can control these parameters outside of a mixing desk surface, and with all those mds programs it works perfectly).

To route channel 1 in to channel 2 out set pan to hard right. Values in between - should be clear now.

Also note that if you have channels in-between not activated in ASIO will not be counted. So if channels 3 and 4 are inactive, ADM input 3 in your commands is input channel 5 of the UC. Don't know again how your software handles that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME