Topic: MultiChannel Playback Software Options?

I wish to purchase and use an HDSPe AES to play back 16 track 24bit 192kHz multichannel recordings on a Windows PC environment. This via an external 16 channel (8 stereo pair) AES D/A converter.   I will never need to do any recording of any kind, nor any mixing, filtering, compression, etc.  just playback as I will already have the multitrack recordings post processed via an external signal processing system (MATLAB in my case).  I can save the 16 track recordings as a set of 8 stereo pair wav files or as a single multichannel file or perhaps even use the RME Multichannel WAV File Batch Processor if that would prove useful.

Here is my question: Can someone recommend a software solution that can simply play back these 16 channels via the HDSPe AES and be guaranteed to be sample accurate in sync with each other?

I'm assuming this will require low level ASIO access such that the card does not look to windows to be a set of 8 independent stereo "sound cards" that would not be guaranteed to be in sync with each other. I would prefer a simple solution as I don't need any of the recording or mixing functionality but would gladly take any solution at all that would work as the price of the software is not an issue in this case.  I just don't have any experience with any of the multi-track PC software packages and would appreciate some advice.

Thank you,

Craig

Re: MultiChannel Playback Software Options?

Samplitude, Reaper, ... any professional multitrack audio software will do it.

best regards
Knut

With a single multichannel file you could even use RME's DIGICheck for playback.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great. Thank you both. Just what I needed.

Regards,
Craig