1 (edited by ironcut 2011-09-13 09:32:46)

Topic: Fireface UFX und Griifin Powermate Controller

Hello everybody,

I have just a short question.
I am planning to buy an Fireface UFX. I would like to control the master volume with the powermate controller.
So I have to bring the device as main device (USB) in the sound preferences of OS X. Are the buttons F10, F11, F12 still in work?
Does anyone know, if that is possible?

It does not work with FF800. This I know.

Greets from Wuppertal

ironcut

Re: Fireface UFX und Griifin Powermate Controller

I test it with Fireface 400. This works

So I bought the Fireface UFX and the F10, F11, F12 buttons on the keyboard are not working. So I cannot use the Griffin controller.
I put it as main device in the sound preferences.

Do I make something wrong?

Anybody an idea?

I am wondering that it works with Fireface 400.
Greets

Andreas

The FF 400 is RME's only device which maps OS X volume to TotalMix. As this feature caused a lot of trouble it never went into other units.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Vielen Dank für die Rückmeldung!

Grüße
ironcut

MC wrote:

The FF 400 is RME's only device which maps OS X volume to TotalMix. As this feature caused a lot of trouble it never went into other units.

Indeed it's causing trouble here. All the output faders move up and down with system volume changes. Could this get solved with a future driver or firmware update, or is it best to abandon FF400 now and change to FF800 or UFX?

MC wrote:

Bummer. I've just spent hours figuring this out...

Glad I finally found it, though. Means we'll have to look elsewhere, or try and find 2nd hand FF400s.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...