Topic: Multiface II - No Sound

This probably is not the soundcards fault but anyway, maybe someone can help.

I have two Multiface II / PCIe and experierence the following Problems:

It started with not having any sound with Ableton Live. Even with having sound on the master being routed to channels 1 & 2 on the first MF I will not see any signal on total mix and not hear any sound. When changing the sample rate in Ableton i get sound for really short (<1s) then there is no sound again. This results in either it is owrking at some point and keeps on working for a while or i get an echo sound that won't dissappear but change when changing the sample rate.

I do get the same results with cubase but wavelab works fine as well as playing files with media player does.

Any ideas?

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
W10 Pro x64, Reaper, Wavelab
5x MF II, 5x MF
E-mus and many other animals

Re: Multiface II - No Sound

Re-Install the ASIO Drivers?  Seems like WDM is working fine, and ASIO is the problem?

Are you sure both cards are clocked/sync'd correctly?  Both cards have the same firmware versions?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: Multiface II - No Sound

Thanks for the reply, that is what i thought too. Both cards have firmware version 18 and I use the newest drivers (3.26). I did a clean install, but with both PCI cards already plugged in. The driver was installed and i then got the prompt to restart the computer. Is there a better way?

The sync is set up correct, with the green light always on. It blinks though, when starting Ableton Live but I htink that is normal.

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
W10 Pro x64, Reaper, Wavelab
5x MF II, 5x MF
E-mus and many other animals