Topic: Digi9652 to Multiface?

Hi!

Ok, we've been using an RME digi9652 on Windows 7 pro 32bit (I know the card isn't supported on Win 7 64bit) and we just had two (2) RME Hammerfall HDSP Multiface boxes fall in our lap, along with the subsequent pci card and the pcmcia card, which we will not be using...

I can't get one of those Multiface boxes to sync (or do anything) connected to the 9652 card, either with word clock or just lightpipe... Do these have to be connected to the pci host card to work (after all it IS lit up where it says "HOST ERROR"... my suspicion...) or should they connect to the 9652 card no problem, immediate gratification and it appears these may not function correctly?

And if that's the case, can I use the pci card in windows 7 32bit (or can I use it in win7 64bit?????) to control both of them, or how do they work when using multiple interfaces?

Optimal situation? We'd like to be able to add one more box, making for 24 in and out, to connect to our console to track and mix through... Use word clock to sync two or more boxes together and run spdif out to our Alesis Masterlink?

Or, should I sell these to someone with less demanding needs that our own...

Thanks folks, I know this is older gear, but we can't afford the latest and greatest in this economy, we're just trying to stay afloat...

Thank you!

Re: Digi9652 to Multiface?

You have to use a HDSP host card for each Multiface. The drivers support 64 or 32 bit Windows OS. You cannot use both the HDSP and the DIGI systems together, as they have different ASIO drivers.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.