Topic: AIO High pitch noise and Graphic cards

Very strange, high pitch noise appears every time I insert a new track in Reaper.

Let me describe you my system and how it all happens:

I have RME AIO card that is fed from HEDD via AES outputs with a super high grade, silver cables.

It is all installed into audio optimized Windows 7/64 computer which is not online and the whole wiring in the studio is very well thought out; no ground loops, or power line noises etc, etc…

When I open Reaper 4.02 everything is fine and as it should be. Then I right click on the left pane in order to insert a new track and arm it for recording(which is AIO AES L) I can immediately hear some strange high pitched noise. Kind of like a mixture of radio white noise and dithering (more like dithering). If I insert second track, which is AIO AES R, the noise gets louder.

As I access device panel to see all ASIO and other audio driver options the noise would disappear but reappear as soon as I quit the device panel.

The same happens even if I disconnect all cables from RME AIO card.

I’m recording 96Khz, 24 bit and everything on HEDD, AIO and Reaper set accordingly to this specs.

I can hear the noise only when my headphones are cranked up very high ( I have 5 pairs of headphones and I hear this noise in all of them. )

Somebody in Reaper forums suggested that it is Windows 7 videos card bug : “In some configurations you can hear the activity of the graphics card.
Sometimes updating the graphics card's driver will fix it, but it depends on the manufacturer, some are better than others at fixing issues.
As far as I know the sound from the graphics card is only audible through headphones….”

I also noticed that moving the mouse sporadically on the screen affects this zipper sound.
Are there any known solutions for this bug? Is there something I can disable to get rid of this noise?

Cheers,

Re: AIO High pitch noise and Graphic cards

im having a problem thats just about the same... Win7 64-bit, AiO card, every time a program or anything is loading it makes that strange noise... i had my AiO card in my mac pro too, same story, with the mouse affecting the noise and everything... im wondering if its the card itself that is the problem?

Re: AIO High pitch noise and Graphic cards

Please mail me the card's serial number.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME