Topic: midi port malfunctioning

i have a drum brain connected to the ff800 midi in port. this triggers a drum vsti. and everything worked fine.

today the triggering stopped working. i checked the midi log on the vsti and it's getting all kinds of non-relevant midi information. instead of note on and note off it's getting things like program change, pitch changes, etc. not what i'd expect the drum brain to send. and as you'd expect not drums are being triggered in the vsti.

i thought it might be the drum brain but this also happens with my midi keyboard. keybard sends fine midi fine via USB but when sending to the ff800 midi port al the wrong midi comes in.

the wrong midi is consistent. not garbage as far as i can tell. but it's all the wrong midi. no notes.

i have driver v 3.047 and hardware v 2.77

this unit has also been to the authorized service center. first for a burnt out power supply. when i got it back 2 phantom powers did not work. they assured me they were tested when the power supply was replaced. then they replaced the board. and now the midi input seems messed up. i don't know if any of this is connected.

thx

Re: midi port malfunctioning

You should contact the authorized service center that you dealed with before to get a quick and efficient solution for that problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME