Topic: HDSP MADI Cards swapped order after 3.05.3 update

I just updated my HDSP MADI cards (got way behind) and the card order has changed where card slot 1 has become 2 and so on.
I've repeated the installation and flash update several times with no different results.  What have I done incorrectly or how do I redirect the card ID's?

System: MS Windows XP Professional v. 2002 SP 2
Computer: AMD Opteron 240 1.39 GHz, 2 GB RAM
Video Cards: MATROX Millinium G550
Interface: RME Hammerfall HDSP MADI (x2) with driver update 3.05.3, Flash update 205
DAW: Nuendo v2.2

Re: HDSP MADI Cards swapped order after 3.05.3 update

Simply exchange the attached cables of both cards.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Simply exchange the attached cables of both cards.

You can not swap cables when one is an AES-32 and other a MADI. There must be a way to change the order in the driver 3.05.3. All previous projects' input and outputs will have to be reset manually. 80 inputs 80 outputs.

Also it is best to have the AES-32 Card first because most programs will default to the AES 1&2 port (my 2mix channels) rather than the MADI 1&2 port (tracking channels).

I tried swapping pci slots, re installing the drivers one at a time, in different orders. What is the trick?

Do early driver not work this way? I up dated from 2.521 and the MADI from 204 -205, AES-32 231 to 233

Thanks
Jim Fox

Win7x64.Nuendo.Samplitude.AES32 PCIe.MADI PCI.ADI 648.Apogee Big Ben.DM2000.Apogee 16XAD.RME ADI 8s

When you update from 2.5x drivers to 3.xx drivers the order of the MADI and AES32 cards do change.
Matthias once told me that this was due to the new 3.xx drivers being completely different in architecture.

I do not see an issue here, since the update from 2.5x is a large update and DO change a lot more than just the version numbers :-)
If you need it back in the order you had, swap the cards in the computer OR do as Steinberg suggest, rename the ASIO posts so what you use for mix/output always is called the same.

P