Topic: Newbie Total mix question

Im using the Raydat card with PT9.05 and I have an analog console.  All i want to do is have my software outputs appear on the console.  I've read the manual, and am a little confused.  I keep getting a submix on output hardware channels 1&2 no matter what i do - the rest of the tracks output properly in mono and do appear on the desk.  Im sure this has something to do with the routing somewhere..

again- all i want to do is have 32 outputs from PT appear as 32 channels on the desk. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
ajcamlet

Re: Newbie Total mix question

Hi,
If you load factory defaults preset 1 which has zero outing then you can rule out the Total Mix effecting this.
Since you want to use an external mixer then you should not need to do any sun mixing with Total Mix normally.
Once you have set the Total Mix factory defaults then then it is your Pro Tools I/O or Mixer setup that is causing this to happen.
While in Total Mix hold done the Crtl/CMD key while pressing Preset 1 on the Total Mix. This will load Factory preset 1 which has zero sub mix routing.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Re: Newbie Total mix question

Chris-
Yep- that solved the problem- thx very much!

ajcamlet