Topic: TotalMix: Suggestions for improvement

I am having some minor worries with TotalMix. Is there a solution for the following problems? If not then I think it would be worth improving these points.

1) Screen resolution. My 1680x1050 computer screen is placed about 1m from my head. At a normal viewing distance I can barely read the numbers in totalmix. It would be great if I could make it bigger. Selectable screen resolution would be cool.

2) Why is an audio input muted on all outputs if I mute it on the control coom output? Sometimes I want to mute a channel while recording. But the signal should still go to the cue outs.

3) Mono headphone mixes. I'd like to use hardware outs 3+4 for two separate mono headphone mixes. But it seems only stereo headphone mixes are possible.

4) Is there a way to assign a keyboard key to the talkback button? It's kind of annoying having to switch to the TotalMix window to activate talkback all the time.

cheers,

Re: TotalMix: Suggestions for improvement

I like all of these suggestions. I set up my second monitor to a lower resolution and drag the TotalMix window to the second monitor. It's a little bit fuzzy but bigger.
I recently stopped using the Cubase Control Room and have started using TotalMix instead. My session today had the guitar player in the control room with me so there was no need to use a talk back mic. Before TotalMix I assigned a button on my Mackie MCU to toggle the talk back in Cubase. I will miss this function in TotalMix.

edwonbass wrote:

I like all of these suggestions. I set up my second monitor to a lower resolution and drag the TotalMix window to the second monitor. It's a little bit fuzzy but bigger.
I recently stopped using the Cubase Control Room and have started using TotalMix instead. My session today had the guitar player in the control room with me so there was no need to use a talk back mic. Before TotalMix I assigned a button on my Mackie MCU to toggle the talk back in Cubase. I will miss this function in TotalMix.

Totalmix is midi controllable.

4 (edited by edwonbass 2011-09-30 21:29:39)

isaac wrote:
edwonbass wrote:

Totalmix is midi controllable.

I know it is controllable but can a button be assigned to toggle the talkback mic button in TM?

Don't answer that. I just looked it up. I guess what I wanted was to be able to use one of the F buttons on the MCU. I think what I might do is set up my M-Audio keyboard controller to control some of the basic functions as switching the focus off of the MCU gets too confusing for my tiny brain.