Topic: Babyface + Fireface UC

Hi to all..!

I'm a proud owner of a Fireface UC and I find it very very good and transparent sounding.
I'm interested in the babyface as well, for it's bus powered capabilty.
A question: since drivers are the same, if I plug the two interfaces in my PC, will I able to use both at the same time?

In this way it will be a very useful "channel upgrade" for my Fireface UC card.
Paolo

Re: Babyface + Fireface UC

A question: since drivers are the same, if I plug the two interfaces in my PC, will I able to use both at the same time?

Yes. The driver supports both interfaces. A good setup would be the UC as master and the Babyface as slave and monitoring controller/interface.

Babyface and the UC needs to be synced to the same word clock via the optical digital I/O (clock master + slave). So keep in mind that you loose one optical output on one and one optical input on the other interface for other equipment.

best regards
Knut

It works, but is not officially supported as far as I know.

Bought!! :-)

I've read the manual and this should be officially supported; ASIO will be shared between the 2 cards and there will be 2 TotalMix windows.
Thank you all!

Yes, this is how it works. I did a test mixing a Babyface, an UC and an UFX all at once. But it's not officially supported in that RME guarantees that this works (or that you should even try it). What page of which manual are you referring to?

Pace 25 of babyface manual: Using more than one babyface.
It says the same things Knut said to me. It says that I can use up to three fireface uc and babyfaces together.

I guess I mixed that up with the UFX only then. In the old UFX thread it was said that theoretically you could combine more than one, but it's not supported or even recommended. Maybe it's different with the UC and BF then?!

a question , help requested : i have Fireface UC installed on Macbook pro , i also want to install my Babyface on the same computer, what is the procedure to follow ?
i did installed baayface with the RME CD , it was working but seems that it created a conflict because when i wanted to use the fireface UC a strange sound was coming out of it , very low level and digital parasites like if there was ringmodulator on the output ... i had to uninstall and trash all RME files and re-install fireface UC to make it back to normal ....  can someone help me please ?
THX

Update to the latest firmware on both interfaces. Install the latest driver for the UC and the Babyface from the RME website. It's the same. Build an aggregate device on Mac OS and clock both interfaces via the ADAT I/O (one master, one slave).

best regards
Knut