Topic: i lost surround comptability w7

before im in driver v3085 and all output work very nice
i have 9632 and i go out by 6 output adat1 go to external converter
since 3.26 only 1 and 2 adat work
when i selected in windows 6 channels and i test play 6 channel only 2 ears sad
im reinstall 3085 driver and all its ok , im selected interleaved and lock registry and reinstall 3.26
but lost my surround comptability...
someones same pb?

Re: i lost surround comptability w7

nobody?

If it works with one driver and not the other, it's a pretty strange problem! You're not running higher than 48kHz, right?

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

I still play a 16 bit 48 kHz 6-channel (DVD quality)
and with 3.26 when I did play the audio test from control panel i hear only  the outputs 1 and 2 on the hammerfall dsp mixer
with 3085 driver i listen the 6 channels sad

5 (edited by undertone 2011-10-02 20:42:16)

I don't have a 9632, so I can't help you more. My surround has been working for the last few years without issues on my RME cards. The only thing I can think of involve operator error: not assigning the correct channel to surround in WDM, not enabling surround in WDM, something wrong with the speaker configuration, something wrong with the interleaved settings (earlier driver), etc... Have you tried assigning the channel with the Speaker Icon ("Speaker") as the WDM channel and then watching to see if the system is outputting 6 channels in Total Mix?

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

The latest driver supports W7 loudspeaker, which is only available via the analog outputs 1/2. Now if you have no AO4S-192 you do have only 2 channels, therefore surround can not work. We are thinking about adding a workaround for that. But it has no high priority, as the number of users that output surround via ADAT is near zero, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thank for reply ok im stay in 3085 drivers for surround via adat 1...
but its complicated for uninstall 3.26 to 3085 have you a tips for that ?
for now im deleted all hdsp.* in windows system manualy because its not possible to completely uninstall by windows remove drivers
thank in advance

It is as easy as reading the manual and removing the rest via Uninstall Software/Programs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just like to add that the number of users who wish to output surround via ADAT may be "near zero,"  but there are definitely two. Personally I was a bit surprised that the driver routing wouldn't handle that communication with W7. I'm sure it's their problem, but it seems like it would be an easy fix for the folks at RME.