Topic: 9632 Windows 7 x64 BSOD after first-time install

Hello,

My 9632 has been lying in my storeroom for the past two years since the last time I used it. I have now found the time to re-use it and tried installing it in my new Core-i7 Win 7 x64 mean-machine. The driver installs successfully, but after restarting the computer Windows will start loading and then BSOD. The only way to recover is by using the last restore point.

I followed the instructions in this thread:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

I tried with drivers 3085 and 326. Same result with both.

How can I get my beloved 9632 working with my new system? :(

Thanks in advance.

Re: 9632 Windows 7 x64 BSOD after first-time install

Folks any help on this one will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks/

You may have force-installed manually, which does lead to BSODs... Please also see http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your reply Daniel.

But when I point Windows to the directory containing the extracted driver files it says no suitable driver was found.

Thanks

Then maybe the device you are trying to install is not the 9632... Are there other unknown devices in the device manager? Have you tried removing the driver again first?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by Gantlett 2011-10-04 12:13:01)

Daniel thank you so much! I tried again and it worked!! :-)

I know what happened:
You know how Windows will move the files from the extracted folder after installing the driver? I wasn't aware of this behavior and so when I pointed Windows to the folder (assuming the driver is still there after the first attempt) it (correctly) said it can't find the driver, well... because it wasn't there rotfl

I must have been too tired when I first tried installing the card...

Anyway, I uninstalled the device from Device Manager, re-extracted the driver and it installed without a hitch. Thanks again!