1 (edited by rogersrc 2011-10-06 13:24:31)

Topic: Fireface/TM problem with routing from Hardware to PT

I'm running a Fireface UFX via USB2, updated the drivers and firmware two weeks ago, into PT 9 on a Win 7 PC.

I'm having problems with Analog 1/2 inputs.  If I understand the block diagram (p. 53 of the manual) these should route prefader to inputs 1/2 of PT 9.  However, whenever I mute the Main hardware output in TotalMix the signal from these hardware inputs to PT is muted.  I'm not at that computer right now, but I think the route from 1/2 to PT is muted whenever the global mute button is depressed.  The mute button on 1/2 is NOT depressed.  (Though that should not matter, correct?)

All other input channels that I have checked seem to be working fine.

Analog 1/2 seem to be working fine within TotalMix - internal routing and mutes seem to be OK.  Just problems with 1/2 to PT.   

I've switched the preamps being put into 1/2 to make sure that was not the problem.

I've had a couple of crashes lately, and this problem seems to have surfaced after that.  (Though I haven't used the preamp usually plugged into 1/2 for several weeks, so I can't be sure.)  I'll probably try to reinstall TM later.  The drivers and firmware on the main web page are the same as the ones I installed earlier.  I have not installed the 141 firmware available at the sticky.  Is that recommended?

2 (edited by rogersrc 2011-10-06 23:05:44)

Re: Fireface/TM problem with routing from Hardware to PT

Once again, RTFM is recommended.  I'm not at the studio right now, but I bet when I get home I'm going to find that the loopback button on the Mains is pressed.  Didn't even know the function existed.

UPDATE:  Of course, it's there in the manual if you look hard enough.  Loopback was activated on the Mains (out 1/2).  Don't know how it happend.  I probably just clicked it by accident, but is there a hot key that I don't know about?