Topic: Need Help! Rme Adi-2

Hey all,

I just got a RME ADI-2 and hooked up with my 003. It's currently hooked up John Hardy> L input> ADAT out> 003 ADAT in> 003 ADAT out> ADAT IN> Analog outs to Mackie ch. 1 and 2. Which then feeds my monitors and headphone sends. The Mackie is just getting through for the moment. Don't hate. In the RME manual it is Analog outs are stereo outs, but I when I record a single mono input it only comes out the left side. Now I realize that if its coming in on the left side it comes out on the left side, but this is just a mono signal. So shouldn't it come out both L and R?

Re: Need Help! Rme Adi-2

soundpost wrote:

Hey all,

I just got a RME ADI-2 and hooked up with my 003. It's currently hooked up John Hardy> L input> ADAT out> 003 ADAT in> 003 ADAT out> ADAT IN> Analog outs to Mackie ch. 1 and 2. Which then feeds my monitors and headphone sends. The Mackie is just getting through for the moment. Don't hate. In the RME manual it is Analog outs are stereo outs, but I when I record a single mono input it only comes out the left side. Now I realize that if its coming in on the left side it comes out on the left side, but this is just a mono signal. So shouldn't it come out both L and R?

You said it in your post. When you put a signal into the left side of the ADI-2 you will get signal out the left side. The unit is stereo, so in order to get signal out both channels you will need to input signal into both channels.

It's probably a case of routing the input into your 003 correctly to your monitor output. (not sure how you do this in the 003 though sorry)

Isaac P