1 (edited by psychedelia 2011-10-17 15:35:01)

Topic: Fireface USB Settings App crashing with Babyface

I'm having some real tedious problems with the Fireface USB Settings App. It seems that when plugging in the Babyface (having already had the computer on for a while - a Macbook Pro - with multiple apps open such as Skype, iTunes, Chrome, etc), the app hangs and does not work until the computer has been rebooted. Likewise, it seems that rebooting first and then plugging in the USB cable (e.g. Babyface) the USB settings/Totalmix works fine.
However, I obviously don't want to have to reboot every time I want to do some quick recording, so any possible solution for this? I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but to no help at all.

Thanks!

Psych

Oh, and just a side note, I am running OS X 10.7.2, but i think this problem was with 6.8 too.

Re: Fireface USB Settings App crashing with Babyface

What happens if you hotplug the Babyface without audio apps (Skype, iTunes, etc) open?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff, actually I was about to write a new note here, after updating to the latest drivers/firmware, the issue seems to have been solved. However, the same thing happened even with  Skype/iTunes/audio apps not being open as far as I remember.

Thanks,

Psych

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.