Topic: UFX - USB processor load

I note from the UFX manual (V1.8) that the system requirement for USB is shown as a Core 2 Duo processor.  My portable computers are a Pentium Centrino 1.7GHz and an Atom 450 netbook.

Is this requirement in respect of handling the maximum 30 channels, or is it dependent on 'active' channels?

I have no problem with the Centrino as it also has a FW connection (TI chip), and the FW driver has the ability to limit the number of 'active' channels on the buss.

Is a similar development possible on the USB driver to limit the number of channels on the buss?  In most cases my upper limit will be 14 (analog plus AES), and in a lot of cases the netbook will only be recording a stereo mix (via loopback on the AES in).  Is the error figure a good indicator or adequate processor handling of the USB buss?

Of course, I could go and buy a new laptop, but I've just spent my allowance on a UFX ... :roll

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Re: UFX - USB processor load

The requirement is clearly listed on the website as well, and is not about max channels but overall performance (also explained in the manual and on the website). A max channel feature would not help here and will not be added. FW indeed then is the way to go.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: UFX - USB processor load

Fair enough!

Netbook for the BabyFace, laptop for the UFX.

Now just waiting for the BabyRemote ...

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum