Topic: TM FX Feature Request

Just got my UFX and just like all the other RME products I have ever used, it is wonderful.  I use the UFX live for band gigs and rehearsals.

Has any thought been given to a "remote" version of TM that would let a monitor engineer mix monitors stage side?

Re: TM FX Feature Request

I think there are two major options:
1) Network server for tmfx working on the computer with the usb/fw connection to the UFX + multiple network clients that would connect to the server and have a full interface like the current TMFX with sepparate midi control + one could have one machine running multiple clients with multiple midi control interfaces
2) multiple tmfx instances running at a time with individual midi control options -> one computer with multiple screens and multiple midi controllers.

This might expand the functionality of the UFX big time. RME please consider this in further updates of the software.qq

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

3 (edited by neirbod 2011-10-19 20:36:55)

Re: TM FX Feature Request

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html

RME has suggested they will work on some tweaks to TM to allow more comprehensive midi control, including the ability to hide unused channels and the ability to control DSP effects.  If they do enable such functions, seems like an iPad app similar to AC-7 core could work great.  Better yet, I'd love to RME work with an iPad developer to make an app specific for the UFX.  Such an app would unlock huge potential to use the UFX as a powerful digital mixer.  Not sure how likely that is, but I can hope!

EDIT - while I am dreaming, even better would be the ability to lock two or more iPads running something like AC-7 Core to an individual UFX outputs so one iPad could run the FOH mix, another can run the monitors, musicians can run their own IEM mix etc.