Topic: Babyface - using TotalMix loopback function, babyface rotary control

Hi, I bought the Babyface a week ago and I am enjoying it a lot, but there are 2 things I cannot figure out.  I ve read the manual and watched the tutorials, but I m not very quick with the technical side of things.  Can someone walk me through how to do what I m trying to do.  I am playing my guitar DI into input 2 and I want to use the loopback function to record the NI guitar rig output -with NI guitar rig in solo mode- directly into a track in Reaper.  What input channel do I select in the DAW and how do I set it up in total mix.  I cannot seem to figure out this loop back function. 

The other problem is that I am not able to use the babyface rotary knob to control the output to my headphones, the input gain, or anything else is is supposed to do.  The only thing it does properly (or I can figure out how to do) is DIM the ouput to the headphones when I press it. 

I would much appreciate it if anyone has any direction for me!

Re: Babyface - using TotalMix loopback function, babyface rotary control

What input channel do I select in the DAW and how do I set it up in total mix.

Create the mix you want to record on the Analog Output 1/2 and press the Loopback button of this output. You recording software gets now the output of Analog 1/2 instead of the input. Choose channel 1/2 as recording source in your software.

Keep in mind: Output Phones 3/4 could not be used as it don't provides an opposite input for the Loopback.

The only thing it does properly (or I can figure out how to do) is DIM the ouput to the headphones when I press it.

Press the "Select" button.

best regards
Knut