1 (edited by riccol 2011-10-14 05:14:41)

Topic: Wimp like venting before I leave

I've seen  these guys in many forums vent like sissies about their frustrations and laughed at them. I can see this  is a very very responsive and helpful forum. but it clearly is for experienced sound engineer types, as  noted in numerous replies to crybabies like me.

I have always noted that RME stuff is high end and highly respected, and out of my league as a home studio dude.

But along came the babyface!

I thought, dang! That quality in a simple format a few i/o's for us simple folks. But not so.

I have a Babyface on the way that i have decided to not even open after reading  Totalmix manual for a few days. Yea I could learn it, but i would not be making music for a while. Hey the thing has two analog ins!!  and yea some other i/o's.
.... The flexibility and routing options are impressive but if I needed those I would be into your other higher end stuff.

Couldn't you just include a dummy, set it and leave it setup or preset so we could go to our daw software and make music and benefit from your excellent converters.

There I have vented out of frusration like a wimp sissy..... Have a good laugh ... I would if I had your job.rotfl fryingpan

There, i have vented. Enjoy a good laugh, I would if I had your job. rotfl

Re: Wimp like venting before I leave

Couldn't you just include a dummy, set it and leave it setup or preset so we could go to our daw software and make music and benefit from your excellent converters.

That is the default. You never need to touch Totalmix if you just want to use the Babyface as a Hi-end AD/DA interface.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Uuuuhmm!  Really? .................

Ok nevermind..... I might open it after all.   :roll

It also comes with some routing presets that you can always go back to when you happen to mess something up.

Did i miss something in the manual? Does it tell you what the presets are it comes with?

In the "Options" menu there is a "Reset Mix" function with several presets to choose from. And you can save your own presets, too.

http://i.imgur.com/1OGlw.png

Ok wow really helpful. Babyface may arrive today, sure thing will make more sense as I work with it.

One more question. If I want to use my outboard pre, do i plug it into one ofthe analog ins, then turn down the channel to zero at the unit with the jog wheel and control input levels at the outboard pre?

Correct. The preamp gain should be at 0 when using the input for line level signal.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

10 (edited by riccol 2011-11-01 03:18:34)

Well.... For what it's worth my Babyface came in and I set about the daunting task of installing it. So many times i
i have struggled to understnand  the manuals instructions. So before my Babyface arrived I read over the manual reapeatedly. I just knew there would be some dang step not clearly explained and would make me so Crazy.  NOT SO!!! 

What a piece of cake!    Set aside the evening ready for a fight. No fight!

The work flow is so smooth.... Sounds  incredible! I'm right back to writing my dippy songs and making music.

Punchin dem buttons on that little blue box is as easy as can be. The sound surberb! Got my multiple monitor setup for my mixing.   And crap.... I might eve delve more into TotalMix options! 

Might even write me a sappy song about my little blue baby!

Everything I heard about them German dudes at RME was accurate!

Again so impressesd  with workflow as I click and jog wheel my way along.

Glad to hear it!

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.