Topic: Fireface UFX usb or Firewire?

Hi all,
A new happy ufx owner from down under ,very very happy with almost everything especially the sound and quality (I call it sparkle)of the preamps WOW!
It really is many boxes in one and the price is excellent for this kind of functionality.

I have a question and I  aploagise if it was  covered here but I read many pages and could not find this specifically.

If I use usb I need to use 256 buffers , however with firewire I get exactly the same performance with 128 . I was under the impression that usb performance was better than fire wire .

BTW 256 is fine but Im wondering if this is a common feature or perhaps my usb is not what it should be ?
Thanks In advance for any advice . I dont usually get this kind of apreciation when purchacing gear . I almost have caught some kind of "brand worship syndrome"

Lindsay

Re: Fireface UFX usb or Firewire?

I was under the impression that usb performance was better than fire wire.

This depends on the individual system. Some systems perform better with USB and some with FireWire.

best regards
Knut

Re: Fireface UFX usb or Firewire?

I have this same question.  My UFX arrives tomorrow and wanted to be proactive and install only the driver for the port that I'll most likely use.  From what I've been reading, I'll have to try both to see which performs better with my set up. 

Thanks.